Icon Exhibitions & Display Limited Sustainability Policy
Icon Exhibitions recognises that business can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed to finding ways in which we can use our expertise to enhance our local community and reduce the negative impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office. One of the Company’s core values is to work to protect the environment in which we live and do business.
Waste products are a necessary part of our industry. Waste includes off-cuts of wood/timer, metals, plastics worn out or damaged tools, and packaging.
- This Policy Statement commits our company to:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible
- Avoid unnecessary use of paper, wherever possible. For example: sending invoices, quotes & proposals via digital means
- Recycling equipment for which the Company no longer has use. For example: end of commercial life/end of commercial efficiency computers, printers, etc
- Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and ensuring that computers are shut down after work
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes, etc
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, printer paper
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example environmentally safe soaps and detergents
- Investigate ways in which to use low impact transport for travel to and from work and travel for business
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone, and email
- Our Sustainability Goals are:
- PROSPERITY – Introduce sustainable Procurement Practices to encourage our core and wider suppliers to meet the same sustainability standards through a Supplier Code of Conduct, by 2025
- PLANET – Reduce printed draft versions of graphics & drawings for internal use, through the use of digital collaboration tools (for example: Dropbox, MS Teams)
- PEOPLE – Provide a minimum of four (annually) charitable donations or contributions of time, to support the local community projects
Our Policy Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The Directors, Management and staff of the Company endorse this policy statement and are fully committed to its implementation.